Lilypie

Monday, May 19, 2008

My experience of Motherhood so far

1st 2 weeks : All hell break loose, there is no day and night, he sleep in the day, and demand feeding at night every hourly or so, and once or twice, from 3am to 6am, carried him to sleep :-( Very tiring, I think I look worst than the Panda. Couldn't tell one cry from another....

2nd week onwards : switched to bottle feed, and could rest while parents take care of him, and has more or less settled down on a schedule. Now JY and I could differentiate the different cries for different needs.

5th weeks : Ernest has learnt to smile and giggle :-) Well, don't think he knows he's smiling or giggling. Kind of scary at first, in the middle of his sleep, he jus giggle. He also learnt to pout... Wonder who he picked it up from? And he also got startled by the 'Zzzz Monster' in the middle of his sleep. I have gotten used to his schedule and could handle him alone. But I declare 'me time' every Wednesday :-) as I need a break from him to remain my sainity and also not to struggle him too much.

Well overall motherhood is full of ups and downs, guess a lot of things are out of my expectations. Hmmmmm I never did enough homework before birth *Sigh*

3 comments:

paw said...

you are doing fine la! too much homework will freak you out more! breathe in now! :-) Anyway, Ernest looks like DAD for now! so shall we meet up this wednesday since you are available?

annethia said...

Good to know that you are back in connection and to read about your update.

hmm... I think he looks too much like Daddy now...you need to exert more influence !!!

haha i know i am spouting nonsense... let's see how mine turns out

The Klutz said...

My dear.. no amount of homework can prepare you for the demands of mummy-hood.

Take one day at a time k! As long as the little one is happy and healthy!